When your teeth are healthy and your gums are strong you can flaunt that happy smile with confidence and for keeping your teeth shiny and bright you would have to be strict when it comes to your dental hygiene. Dental care and prevention of dental troubles are very easy if you ensure that you maintain proper oral hygiene. Did you know that half of the population on earth face one or the other dental issue – that is over 3.58 billion people! if you wish to be part of the other half of the population that have good teeth and Dental hygiene then follow the tips below.
Do and don’t for healthy teeth and gums
- Do eat plenty of fiber-rich foods as part of your diet. This is not just good to keep your digestive system healthy but also good for your teeth and to keep gums clean and strong.
- Do add plenty of calcium to your diet. There are many sources of calcium in both plants based and animal-based food items besides milk and dairy products.
- Do keep yourself hydrated.
- Do keep a tab on the number of sticky food items that you eat.
- Don’t include too much sugar in your diet. This can be bad for your teeth and gums.
- Don’t eat food that is too hot or too cold too often.
Dental hygiene tips to follow
The right brushing routine
Religiously follow the habit of brushing your teeth twice a day. Floss your teeth on a regular basis to avoid food particles from being trapped in the gaps and lead to gum problems. Pick the right toothbrush and learn the correct way to brush your teeth.
Do not skip your dentist appointments, even if you do not have any dental problems it is a good idea to arrange for a dental check-up at least twice a year. There are some minor dental problems which can be treated easily and quickly if diagnosed at an early stage. So when you visit the dentist regularly your dentist would be able to screen for anomalies and also suggest you the best oral care procedures to follow.
Know about dental implants
When dental problems are ignored they might lead to severe consequences. In some cases, the infection or the damage might be so severe that extraction of the teeth might be the only option. The affected tooth would be removed so as to alleviate the pain that is caused by the infection or the decay. The removal also prevents the decay or the damage from spreading to nearby teeth. For those who have had teeth removed dental implants are a good solution. Dental implant surgery is very common and the results are long-lasting. They look like the natural teeth and they can also help enhance the facial structure. Besides full tooth implants, crown dentures are also the other popular type of dental prosthetics used by patients who have severe dental problems which can help build self-esteem in patients who have lost their tooth or had it removed due to dental trouble.